Sperm cryopreservation: HKD 2,000 per session**
Cryo storage: HKD 125 per strain per month (Up to 20 straws per strain)
** Charges for animals, per diems, transport, and cryo storage are NOT included.
Each session includes:
- harvesting sperms from male mice at age of 12 weeks or older (10 straws of sperms per male mouse, up to 2 male mice).
- We offer sperm cryopreservation to investigators as an easy and cost-effective option to preserve your strain.
- Sperm cryopreservation works best with single gene mutations and common genetic backgrounds but is available to all mouse lines.
- Heterozygous and/or wild type mice can be produced from cryopreserved sperm.
- Sperm cryopreservation is highly variable between strains as well as with individual mice.
- Male donor mice at the age of 12-24 weeks that are proven breeders are recommended for sperm cryopreservation.
- Mice must be housed alone for at least 7 days prior to being used for this procedure.
- All samples are preserved in 0.25ml capacity straws and must be stored directly in the liquid-phase of liquid nitrogen. Samples cannot be stored in any other type of freezer.
- The number of sessions required could be determined by the user.
- A valid AEEC number must be provided prior to commencement of service.
- Completed service request form should be returned to prior to commencement of service.