In vitro fertilization (IVF) followed by embryo transfer: HKD 7,900 per session**
** Charges for quarantine, heath testing, per diems, animal transport, and cryo storage are NOT included.
Each session comprises one session of IVF and embryo transfer, including:
- superovulation of donor females at ages of 21-28 days (8 - 12 females at common genetic backgrounds, such as C57BL/6);
- harvesting oocytes from donor females;
- harvesting fresh sperms from cauda epididymis of male mice at age of 10-24 weeks, or thawing one aliquot of cryopreserved sperm;
- performing IVF;
- harvesting and washing the resulting embryos in accordance with guidelines promulgated by the International Embryo Technology Society (IETS) to eliminate the pathogens if necessary;
- preparation of pseudopregnant females for embryo transfer; and
- transfer of all the resulting embryos into pseudopregnant recipients (Up to 4 pseudopregnant females).