Reanimation from frozen embryos: HKD 2,700 per session**
** Charges for quarantine, heath testing, per diems, animal transport, and cryo storage are NOT included.
Each session includes:
- thawing one aliquot of cryopreserved embryos;
- washing the embryos in accordance with guidelines promulgated by the International Embryo Transfer Society to eliminate the pathogens if necessary;
- preparation of pseudopregnant females; and
- transfer of all the embryos to pseudopregnant recipients (Up to 2 pseudopregnant females).
- We will thaw cryopreserved embryos and transfer them to a pseudopregnant female.
- If the cryopreserved embryos were not frozen by us, the sample and information listed below must be submitted and we will evaluate it for feasibility.
> At least 3 aliquots of cryopreserved embryos for reanimation (Aliquots must be shipped directly to LASEC to ensure proper handling of the samples)
> Genetic background
> Thaw protocol
> QC information for that sample
> Health report
- If the procedure is successful, mice will be transferred to your colony in about 9 - 12 weeks after recovery.
- The successful rate is highly variable between strains, genetic backgrounds, and quality of cryopreserved embryos.
- Due to the cost of pseudopregnant animals and labor, every cryorecovery attempt is counted as a session.
- We do not guarantee that the cryopreserved embryos will survive the thaw process and transfer of viable embryos will result in live births.
- The number of sessions required could be decided by the user.
- PCR genotyping is available upon request at additional cost.