Embryo cryopreservation: HKD 3,500 per session**
Cryo storage: HKD 125 per strain per month (Up to 20 cryovials per strain)
** Charges for animals, per diems, transport, and cryo storage are NOT included.
Each session includes:
- superovulation of donor females at ages of 28-35 days (Max. 12 females could be handled per session);
- setting up cross and checking plugs;
- harvesting preimplantation embryos;
- washing and cryopreserving the embryos (~25 embryos/ cryovial); and
- thawing and in vitro testing the viability of part of the cryopreserved embryos.
- We offer embryo cryopreservation as a highly effective way to preserve your mouse strain.
- This method is recommended for lines with multiple genetic mutations or uncommon/mixed backgrounds.
- For STRAIN PRESERVATION, we highly recommend cryopreserving 13-15 vials from a heterozygote x wild type cross if possible, and 10-13 vials from a homozygote x wild type cross or homozygote x homozygote cross. In general, one should estimate that 20-25% of frozen thawed embryos will produce live offspring.
- The background strain of the mice for freezing plays an important role in the success of the procedure. We may not be able to perform some procedures in certain strains of mice. Therefore, this information is critical for us to determine the potential success of your project.
- Embryo cryopreservation is highly variable between strains as well as with individual mice, in terms of mating performance and productivity of embryos.
- For reference: Up to 100 healthy embryos can be produced by 8 superovulated C57BL/6 females.
- The number of sessions required could be determined by the user.
- A valid AEEC number must be provided prior to commencement of service.
- Completed service request form should be returned to prior to commencement of service.